My Daly Outreach Ministries

My Daly Outreach Ministries

Saturday, August 9, 2014

Don't Put On Airs


1 Peter 5:7 
So be content with who you are, and don’t put on airs. God’s strong hand is on you; he’ll promote you at the right time. Live carefree before God; he is most careful with you.

I'm gonna be completely honest with you. You would think that at the age of 40 I would no longer be concerned with being anything but myself.  Well, that is partially true.  I can say that at this stage in the journey I am very comfortable with who I am in Christ as a woman, a wife, a mother, a daughter, a sister, and a friend.  What you see is what you get when it comes to my personality and the way I love others.

At the same time the enemy knows where our insecurities lie and that is exactly where he relentlessly attacks us.  I presently serve Liberty University as a faculty research librarian as well as an associate professor.  I know that God brought me to Liberty but you can bet the devil followed me there, too!  I'll never forget soon after arriving and being told by a co-worker that I may want to "tone down the southern charm and be careful of how I talked," which totally devastated me.  For two weeks I was afraid to talk to anyone but then I woke up and realized that they hired me and that I was southern and that I needed to be myself.  And you know what?  People love my southern charm and accent!  

What the devil intended to discourage me has been something that makes me unique and special.  People don't forget meeting me or talking with me!  Too funny!  This scripture is true, just like the rest of the Bible.  Know today you don't have to act like something or someone that you aren't.  Be your best YOU and allow God to do the rest.  He says that He will promote us and be careful with us. What more could we ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment