My Daly Outreach Ministries

My Daly Outreach Ministries

Monday, June 2, 2014

Obedience Sounds Good???





 We use our powerful God-tools for smashing warped philosophies, tearing down barriers erected against the truth of God, fitting every loose thought and emotion and impulse into the structure of life shaped by Christ. Our tools are ready at hand for clearing the ground of every obstruction and building lives of obedience into maturity. 2 Corinthians 10:5,6

These scriptures sound really good until we have to actually make them a reality in our own lives.  When we have to leave our comfort zone it doesn't seem quite as beautiful to be obedient to our Savior.  We all want to use "powerful God-tools" in order to fight the corrupt culture we are all living within, but going against the grain of this world is never easy.  We love the idea of tearing down barriers and sharing the truth of God but what if this means our family won't like it?  Will we still like it if our friends think we are crazy and even turn their backs on us?  This passage ends very clearly by stating that we are to build lives of obedience to God.  

If you are like me, this was a frightening thought. God told me to go to a place I didn't choose to live.  Since that time many relationships with family and friends were damaged and even lost.  I had to answer the question,  "Do I love the Lord enough to actually put Him and His will before my ideas and what makes me and others happy?" My answer was "YES!"  God came before what others thought or how they treated me.  Even now friends that were my very closest can't understand and cut contact with me.  Many times the very ones you think will be the happiest and most supportive will be the total opposite.  Because they are Christians will not mean they will understand.

Let me tell you that for years, I lived to make people happy.  I really believed I was doing the right thing until I realized everyone else was happy and I wasn't.  I began to grow closer to the one who was my true help and source of strength, who was Jesus Christ, and one day He told me to move to a town I had never even visited or much less heard of.  I actually listened. There isn't time enough for me to share all the mind-blowing blessings and experiences I have had since being obedient.   I tell you today, PLEASE, don't allow fear and opposition to stop you from being obedient to God!  You will NEVER regret it for one moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment