My Daly Outreach Ministries

My Daly Outreach Ministries

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Truly I Tell You



“Truly I tell you,” Jesus said to them, “no one who has left home or wife or brothers or sisters or parents or children for the sake of the kingdom of God will fail to receive many times as much in this age, and in the age to come eternal life.” Luke 18:29,30

In August of 2013, I accepted a job with Liberty University and my husband Brian along with our daughter, Taylor, moved from the only home we had ever known to a new town we had never even heard of months earlier.  We knew that God had chosen this location and that He had amazing plans in store if only we would trust Him.  From the start, we could see and feel God's hand in each of the details.  As the months have passed, the Holy Spirit only continues to show us over and over what mind blowing blessings God can bring about when we are obedient to His calling and leading.

I love this scripture above for Jesus gets very real with those who are listening when He explains that in order to truly follow Him they may have to leave their home, their spouse, their siblings, their parents, and even their children.  He tells them that if they do this for the sake of the kingdom God will never stopped blessing them.  This is not only through eternal life but on earth as well.  Our family has definitely experienced this verse in the truest sense and can attest to its truth.  God has blessed us in unimaginable ways over the past 10 months and we cannot wait to see what lies ahead.  

I tell people all the time.  I may love you but I will never go against what God has told me to do for the sake of your happiness.  My desire is to please my Savior above all else.  If I do that, everything else that matters will fall into place.  Today I encourage you to listen ONLY to the voice of God as He speaks through the Holy Spirit.  Others may not understand but God is the only One who matters when its all said and done.

No comments:

Post a Comment