My Daly Outreach Ministries

My Daly Outreach Ministries

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

His Right Hand

My soul follows close behind You;
Your right hand upholds me. Psalm 63:8

Just this week the Holy Spirit impressed upon me the word "hand" in a very real and profound way. I went online and began to search for scriptures containing the word "hand".  I was amazed at how many times references to the right hand of God and the hand of Jesus appeared.  It was definitely a common thread throughout not only the Old Testament but the New as well.

The hand of God is seen as a help, protection, defense, love, and salvation offered to us all.  The Bible told me as I read how not only is my time in His hand but also the fate of my enemies.  I then read that His right hand holds me with great gentleness, which  I loved!

Over and over I discovered scriptures about the hands of Jesus, too!  When Jesus touched someone with His hand they were immediately healed.  The scriptures tell us, "immediately Jesus stretched out His hand and caught him..." which I absolutely love.  What a very real picture of what Jesus did, does, and will continue to do for us with the power of His hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment