My Daly Outreach Ministries

My Daly Outreach Ministries

Friday, June 27, 2014

I Know You Are the Messiah, BUT...



21 “Lord,” Martha said to Jesus, “if you had been here, my brother would not have died. 22 But I know that even now God will give you whatever you ask.”
23 Jesus said to her, “Your brother will rise again.”
24 Martha answered, “I know he will rise again in the resurrection at the last day.”
25 Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; 26 and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?”
27 “Yes, Lord,” she replied, “I believe that you are the Messiah, the Son of God, who is to come into the world.”  John 22:21-27

I realized just this week that I am Martha through and through!  I believe that Jesus is the Savior and I also love Him with my whole heart, but at the same time I have felt that He didn't "show up" on time the way in which I felt was needed.  You see, Martha called for Jesus' help, which I do all the time.  What she expected and wanted was for Him to come immediately.  And, that is precisely what I want each and every time I kneel before the King.  

But, just like many areas in my own life, Jesus has not made things better right away.  Take my husband for an example.  He has been battling heart failure and all the terrible side effects that come along with it for over 8 years now.  At the same time, we see how God is healing Brian and doing amazing work in other's lives along the journey.  Then there are other promises that we know God has made to us, we claimed them, and we have waited with little or no results in the physical.  We are like Martha feeling that if Jesus would just hurry up and answer, it would all be so much better.  When all the while Jesus has never left us and has been growing us as His followers.  

The blessing in the waiting and the disappointment for Martha was that Jesus wanted to do a miracle.  He had healed many people who were sick but never had he raised a man from the dead who had laid in a tomb for days.  That was IMPOSSIBLE!  Jesus likes to show up and do the impossible so that it gains more attention and glory for His Father.  So, as I wait on Jesus I am going to try and anticipate the miracle instead of becoming frustrated because He hasn't yet arrived!

No comments:

Post a Comment