My Daly Outreach Ministries

My Daly Outreach Ministries

Saturday, July 19, 2014

True Friends


friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for 
a time of adversity.

The older I get the more I appreciate true friends.  After 40 years I am not ashamed to admit that after all the friends I have had in my life, there are only a handful that I can sincerely call "true".  These are people who have loved me through the good time and the very bad.  This elite group has never intentionally hurt me and always thinks of my thoughts and feelings.

I have also learned that God will send us friends for a season, too.  These are friends that come in and out of our lives sometimes for a few years or even less time.  I believe God sends them for specific reasons.  When these seasonal friends leave our lives we shouldn't be sad but instead thankful that God sent them for a specific purpose.

Being a friend that loves is also up to me!  I must think of my friends and their needs and feelings, too!  In order to have a true friend, even if it sounds corny, you MUST first be one.  God tells us that a friend loves at all times and I take that for face value knowing that I must love my friends during their best times and their worst.  

I am so thankful that God is my friend and that He loves me at all times!  

No comments:

Post a Comment