My Daly Outreach Ministries

My Daly Outreach Ministries

Monday, July 7, 2014

His Way IS Actually Perfect


As for God, his way is perfect: The Lord’s word is flawless; he shields all who take refuge in him. Psalm 18:30 NIV
 
 
Do you ever feel that you have a situation all figured out and that if God would only do what you feel is right then everything in the universe would align?  Well, I am being honest and saying, "I have and try not to, but fall into that often!"  I can clearly see what needs to happen and yet God doesn't allow that to take place.  I guess He is not listening to what I have told Him I need or what I want to happen.  Does this sound familiar?  I find myself getting  upset and frustrated with God.  Yes, I said it.  When we are in a relationship with another, even God, we get upset and that's normal. 
 
What I have to remember is that no matter how great my plan seems to me, Psalm 18 tells me that God's way is perfect!  After reading that, I know my plans can never compete with those of our heavenly Father.  My plans have never nor ever will be perfect.  It also tells me in this scripture that the Lord's Word is flawless.  I looked up the definition of flawless and found that it means "without any mistakes or shortcomings; perfect".  So, now we also know that when we read something in the Bible it is the truth and that there are no mistakes in what it tells us.  We can believe it.
 
The end of the scripture leaves me feeling so comforted and loved.  God tells us that He will shield me or protect me.  I don't know about you, but I need daily protection from the enemy and his terrible schemes.  And then God ends the scripture telling me and you that we can take refuge in Him.  Refuge to me is a safe, secure, and peaceful place.  In the world that encircles me today, I know that I need a place of refuge. 
 
So, as we create lofty plans for the Lord in our own minds and continue to figure everything out, lets try and remember to stop and let God have His way for it really is perfect!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment