My Daly Outreach Ministries

My Daly Outreach Ministries

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Assuring Messages

 Listen to this message from God, O king of Judah, sitting on David’s throne; and 
let your servants and your people listen too. 
Jeremiah 22:2

I would have to say that during the past 8 years of my life I have learned perseverance in ways that looking back now truly astound me.  At the same time, I know exactly how God has kept me going through the hardest and darkest times in life's journey.  It is through His constant reassurances.  Let me explain.  Ever since I began to depend only upon the Lord and His will and His supernatural strength did I begin to notice the messages of reassurance He would send me sometimes multiple times in a day.  Even today I know without a shadow of a doubt that He is communicating messages of assurance to my spirit and my heart so that I won't curl up in a ball and wait to die. 

Examples of these assurance messages vary.  Lines from song, scriptures sent by text or email from someone, a comment made by a stranger, a phone call from a friend, or even just the physical touch of His presence are all meant to assure me that He continues to be in control even when the storms of life encircle me.  Just when I think I am about to loose it, He comes up with another way to say to me, "Jessica, I see you.  I know you are hurting and I know this is hard.  I know that you are growing weary and you have begun to wonder if I am really going to stand by my promises to you. Don't worry, my sweet one.  I am working on it right now and have only your best in mind.  I love you so much!"

After receiving a message of assurance from the Maker of the stars, I cannot help but persevere.  I know that He is for me and not against me.  I know that He has a plan to prosper me and not harm me.  I know that He desires to bless me and not curse me.  And many will ask, "Jessica, how do you know these things?" and my response will always be, "For He has never shown me anything different." 

No comments:

Post a Comment