My Daly Outreach Ministries

My Daly Outreach Ministries

Saturday, July 12, 2014

Being Still With Him


For years I read this scripture thinking it sounded really good but during uncertain and scary times in life just wasn't realistic.  It seemed impossible to imagine being still during a storm in my life.  During a storm I am usually the very opposite of still.  I am running around trying my very best to figure out the best solutions to the problems that are consuming me.  

The closer I become in relationship with my Lord and Savior, the more I saw that being still could actually be a reality.  Now, when uncertain times avail me I can stay calm and just be still in His presence.  When I chose to be still and believe that God is God and that He is in control of the circumstances around me, I can stop worrying and being filled with unneeded anxiety.  

Spending time sitting in the presence praying and reading His Word brings a comfort which only comes from the covering of the Holy Spirit.  Today I can tell you from experience, being STILL is possible.  Just give it a try.

1 comment:

  1. Love this verse and blog. Holy Spirit is working today.

    ReplyDelete