My Daly Outreach Ministries

My Daly Outreach Ministries

Friday, October 25, 2013

Half of a Candy Bar



 “What’s the price of a pet canary? Some loose change, right? And God cares what happens to it even more than you do. He pays even greater attention to you, down to the last detail—even numbering the hairs on your head! So don’t be intimidated by all this bully talk. You’re worth more than a million canaries. Matthew 10:29-31

This morning I decided to get myself a breakfast treat at a quick service snack station within my building here at Liberty.  The ladies that work at this station have been so friendly since my arrival several weeks ago and we always chat while I am making my selections and being checked out.  This morning was just different and very special.  It will sound very simple to you at first, but when I finish I hope you see the beauty in half of a candy bar.  

As I came toward the counter I saw one of these sweet ladies eating a candy bar.  She quickly without any hesitation looked at me and said, “Here, this is for you.”  Normally I would have never taken half of a candy bar from a stranger but this was my favorite, an Almond Joy, and if you enjoy these you know it is made up of two mini candy bars.  I started to refuse but then I felt that it was a gift from her to me so I needed to accept.  I also became overwhelmed with emotion for my daddy and I have enjoyed these candy bars together for years.  Each time I eat one I think of him and eating them from a cooler on a hot summer day while on our family’s boat making memories.  Isn’t it funny that how half of a candy bar could make all those memories come rushing to my mind within only one short moment?  

I also quickly realized that God had shown His love for me in this gift for it could have been any kind of candy bar, yet He chose one that He knew I would like, want, and connect with.  That’s how awesome the God we serve really is.  That’s how much He cares about the simplest details of our everyday lives.  I looked at this dear lady and explained that it was special for it was a token from the Almighty and He used her to bless my heart.  She smiled and agreed, which only confirmed what God had already shown me to be His hand touching my life in every single possible way.  

I wonder today if you are noticing the ways in which God shows His love to you in simple yet precious ways.  When others show kindness to you, do you realize it is God’s hand at work?  Do you see the ways in which He blesses you all throughout your day or do you stay too rushed and too busy to ever see Him as He tries to gain your attention and affection around every corner?  Please, stop and notice Him.  He’s pretty amazing!  As for me, I will continue to serve and adore my Lord and why not?  I mean, there’s nothing than can top a Savior who not only died to save me but then turns around and gives me half of my favorite candy bar.  God really is that good!

No comments:

Post a Comment