My Daly Outreach Ministries

My Daly Outreach Ministries

Saturday, November 2, 2013

The Valley Behind Us


Be ready in the morning, and then come up on Mount Sinai. Present yourself to me there on top of the mountain.

For over seven years, my husband and I have gone through the hardest times of our lives.  We have faced death, illness, financial insecurity, depression, anxiety, fear, and heartache.  We have also seen the love of God through others who have stood by us and helped us in ways that continue to amaze us.  We found hope, comfort, love, and gained a renewed faith in a God we loved but didn't fully trust.  We learned more about God and ourselves than we could have ever imagined. This time was definitely a valley in our lives.

Today our family was blessed to take a short drive to the Blue Ridge Parkway and took in all the beauty God has created there.  We have now lived in Lynchburg, Virginia for 9 weeks and daily see why God has called us here for this new season.  As I looked back at the pictures we took today, this one really stood out to me.  I saw more than just me and my husband, Brian.  I saw that we were standing high above the valley!  We were on top of the mountain.  We see in the scriptures that God called many of his people to the top of a mountain, so we are excited because He has called us out of the valley and to the mountain top in many ways!

Each time a person met God on top of the mountain, miraculous things would happen!  I am blessed to have stood on top of this mountain today with the valley behind me!  I also never forget that I stood with my husband and best friend that according to the best doctors in the country should not be alive!  God never left us in the valley and He continues to stand with us on the mountain top, too.  God had plans that we could have never dreamed possible, but we are loving every minute of it!  Don't ever underestimate God's power and where He can take you if you only obey!

No comments:

Post a Comment