My Daly Outreach Ministries

My Daly Outreach Ministries

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Christ Brings Division

Today as I sat on my screened in porch and read the words of Jesus from my Bible, these verses were brought to me by the Holy Spirit and really hit home.  I was prompted to share this scripture with you and share what God spoke to my heart about it.  We view Jesus Christ as the "Prince of Peace" and He is that, BUT in this scripture He tells us that when we choose to follow Him completely it will mean opposition from our own family.  Jesus asks us to follow Him above our parents and/or our own children.  This sounds harsh and unbelievable for many but the closer we get to Jesus, the harder it is for those closest to us to understand that He has become our first priority and the leader of our lives.  The only thing we can do is pray for those who oppose us and hope that one day they will understand what God is doing in our lives.  This is what Jesus meant when He told us to pick up our "cross" and follow Him.  Carrying a cross is difficult and hurtful, but oh how awesome the reward when you follow Jesus!  Don't loose heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment