My Daly Outreach Ministries

My Daly Outreach Ministries

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Change of Plans

How many times did you have a day completely planned and then received a phone call that changed everything?  As caregivers that is unfortunately a part of our lives.  You have probably learned to stop making specific plans or ones where others rely on you, for you know you may have to cancel at a moments notice.

I was reminded of this just last night and God prompted me to share this with you.  My mother has recently gone through full knee replacement.  She has done wonderful and to God be all the glory for her healing and amazingly fast recovery!  Yesterday, while I was staying with her, I noticed her incision looked a little red and questioned her.  Later when her physical therapist arrived, she too was concerned about the possibility of infection.  When I spoke to my dad last evening, he explained that he was going to take my mom to her regular physician's walk in clinic this morning.  I asked him if he could do it alone and he said they would be fine.  Two minutes later the phone rang and he asked if I could go with them and use my car for it is much lower to the ground than theirs and easier for my mom to get into.  I told him that would be fine and hung up.  Well, as you can imagine, my ten year old was not too happy about this change in our plans for the day.  This was supposed to have been our first day to just sleep late and hang out in our pajamas all morning and then get some lunch just the two of us.  I understood how she felt and explained why it was important for us to help her grandparents in this way.  BUT, at the same time, it prompted me to remember that feeling of plans always changing.

 I also WARN you!  Don't stop making plans.  I know I did for a while when my husband was very sick and I alienated myself from many of my dear friends, which was not good for me.  Keep making plans but explain your situation ahead of time and what may happen.  Then pray for God to ease the disappointment when and if it comes due to a "change in plans."

No comments:

Post a Comment