My Daly Outreach Ministries

My Daly Outreach Ministries

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Abiding In Him


John 15:7 “If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.”
When you immerse yourself in the Word of God on a daily basis, you will find that the Word becomes a part of your thoughts and begins to direct your steps throughout the day.  I quickly remind people that they do not have to memorize scriptures to have God’s Word within them.  At the same time, I will admit that it can come in handy to have the ability to quote scriptures in a time of need or to someone you are witnessing to or praying with.  The more you read the Bible, do personal devotions, participate in Bible studies, and worship with fellow Christians, the more Jesus’ words abide in you! 
Recently, I had a very unusual week.  It started off with a text from my husband on Monday morning letting me know that his father had been taken to the ER with chest pains.  Upon arrival to the ER we were told that my father-in-law was having a heart attack.  My husband and I quickly found a place in the waiting room to sit and pray.  We began to claim his healing in the name of Jesus.  After arriving at Wake Med Heart Center in Raleigh, we were told they were able to open the artery that was blocked and save his life.  While my father-in-law was still in Cardiac ICU on Wednesday, my husband and I came home for my mother’s knee replacement surgery, which was already scheduled!  That morning my husband and I prayed once again thanking God for my mother’s healing and pain control in advance.  My mother’s surgery was very successful and her pain was minimal!

A week later, both my father-in-law and my mother are home recuperating.  Each day last week I felt the constant presence and comfort of the Holy Spirit.  All the things I claimed in prayer have now been seen in the physical.  Because Jesus’ words abide in me all the things that I asked of Him in prayer were done! Don’t view prayer and study of the Bible as something difficult.  Instead, understand it can be an easy yet amazingly powerful experience.  The more you know about Jesus, the more you will see Jesus work in your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment