My Daly Outreach Ministries

My Daly Outreach Ministries

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Priceless Caregiver Support

This past weekend my sweet daddy, Charles, turned 67 years old.  For many years I watched him not only care for others but most importantly take care of my mom and myself as we cared for others.  The loved ones who support caregivers are so important and often overlooked.  The man in this picture was always with me in the worst of times over the past 7 years as I faced heart failure along side my young husband.  I will never forget one night in particular when Brian was being raced back to Wake Med and was in critical condition.  I really didn't know if Brian was going to live or die.  It was just me and my daddy in the car following the ambulance.  I just kept saying over and over, "Daddy, why does this keep happening?  Why won't the Lord just stop all this and heal Brian?  What will I do if Brian dies?"  My daddy stayed calm as he drove and continued to say, "Shug, God hasn't
brought Brian this far to leave him now.  God is with you and I am so sorry this is happening.  I just wish I could take all this away from you and Brian."  Just knowing this was a comfort to my heart and my spirit.  My daddy's faith is sometimes quiet but oh, so strong!

gotten

No comments:

Post a Comment