My Daly Outreach Ministries

My Daly Outreach Ministries

Thursday, March 14, 2013

How We Handle Our Hurts

Sometimes I just don't understand why things happen the way in which they do. Why is it that the people we love the most don't seem to "get" us? They say they understand or know us better than anyone but in reality they many times know the least. Recently someone I love dearly said things to me that left me broken hearted and calling out to God in a way I haven't in a long time. I also shouted at the devil for I knew he used this situation to hurt me and come against me. The problem was that this dear one thought they were helping but there were no words of encouragement or defense for me. There was only tearing down and words of accusation. I knew as I sat and listened that the enemy used this attack to discourage me for only days prior to the attack God had spoken to me in a very powerful way and reminded me of an awesome promise. The enemy knew that I was on cloud nine spiritually and he had to stop that. I also knew it was the enemy for the words spoken were all against what God had specifically told me to do.
You see, this was a test of my faith. The enemy wanted to see if I would trust my loved one or my God. This was a very difficult place to be but I will always choose my Savior and what He has told me to do. I also believe that God will bless me for being kind and not lashing out at the one who hurt me so terribly deep. The self control I had while the words pierced my heart could have only come from the Father.
Sadly, I believe that the one who hurt me in this way actually thought they were helping me and that they did it out of love. Anytime we tear down or are negative it is not out of love. If there is someone you want to help or you feel they need your advice, pray for God to give you a caring attitude and sweet delivery. There should be no attacking attitude. The person you confront should never feel defensive or misunderstood. You should give them a chance to share their heart as well. They may know things you don't know.
I praise the Lord because I know He is preparing me for a future of depending on only Him and not people. I know that I will leave my nest of security in the years to come in order to follow the Lord and the ministry He has placed ahead of me. There will always be critics but guess what? There will always be my sweet Jesus and that's the only one I have to please!
Just sharing my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment