My Daly Outreach Ministries

My Daly Outreach Ministries

Monday, January 28, 2013

Alone Time

Alone time means different things to people.  To me, as a caregiver, it means time that I can just stop for a few moments.  Most caregivers never get even 30 minutes a week to themselves.  People ask me all the time what I think they could do for caregivers and I tell them giving them some time alone.  I remember when I used to be afraid to leave Brian but at the same time I longed to be by myself.  My mother-in-law would sometimes come over and hang out at the house with Taylor and Brian so that I could just run to town for an hour by myself.  Just being in the car was a treat.  Then shopping by myself was great, too.  Other times, I would take a 30 minute walk around the neighborhood listening to my favorite songs.  I would walk and sometimes even cry and do some amazing praying, all by myself.  It is critical that you have alone time for your mental health!

1 comment:

  1. Jessica you are so right. When I was Glenn caregiver my alone time was just a hot shower just to relax and breath. I would pray and cry many times but God always gave me strength to keep going.

    ReplyDelete