My Daly Outreach Ministries

My Daly Outreach Ministries

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Unexpected Friendship

 
This picture means more than many will ever know.  When I first met Ryan Jackson last year at WCS I was doing a long term sub for the 4th grade.  He would come by my room and talk to my daughter and I for a few minutes each day and by the end of the year we three were joking and had become fast friends.  As I talked to Ryan I found that even though his father was a pastor and he was in church all the time he was lacking that intimate relationship with Jesus.  He began to ask me questions about my faith and my journey with the Lord.  During this school year, I turned him on to several Christian music artists and he now enjoys Christian music!  He also reads scriptures and he also fasted along with Brian and I this fall for the first time.  His family recently received the call to a church in another town and so the family had to make plans to move.  Ryan had always worked at WCS as the maintenance/janitor and so we began to pray about God finding him a job in his new town.  Well, the first one he went to apply for he received and his pay was three times what he was making!  God is soooooo good!  He believes in our ministry and speaks words of encouragement into it all the time.  God gives us unexpected blessing all the time if we just open our eyes.  Ryan is definitely one of those for our family! 
 
 
 
This was not what 

No comments:

Post a Comment