My Daly Outreach Ministries

My Daly Outreach Ministries

Friday, October 31, 2014

Showing Gratitude

Psalms 136:1 O give thanks to the LORD; for he is good: for his mercy endures for ever.

During a recent Bible study with my life group at church, we discussed the emotion that is most desired and needed by the soul.  The man leading the study surprised us all by stating that it wasn't love but actually gratitude.  After he said it we all began to shake our heads because it made sense.  As humans, we all long to feel appreciated and needed which in turn translates for many of us to being loved.  

Just this past week I decided to stop and pick up donuts for one of my classes that I teach at Liberty University.  I told them it was their Halloween treat.  I could have never have imagined the response that ensued upon opening the boxes of simple donuts.  First came surprise, then smiles as big as Texas, and then genuine heart-felt thanks from each and every single one of them.  They acted as if it were Christmas and I had given each of them their most desired gift.  To be honest, I was overwhelmed.  

I knew in that instant that the man leading the Bible study was right.  The gratitude I felt from my sweet students made me feel so special and so loved.  Then I thought about my Savior.  He has given me much more than a donut.  How many times during my day do I stop to sincerely thank Him for all the big and small things He does for me just because He loves me?  My answer is definitely,
"not enough"!  May we all show God more gratitude as an act of love, for His mercies really do endure forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment