My Daly Outreach Ministries

My Daly Outreach Ministries

Saturday, October 11, 2014

"I'm Fine!"

James 5:16 
Admit your faults to one another and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The earnest prayer of a righteous man has great power and wonderful results.

Caregivers are the best at saying they are "fine" when in reality they are about to break into a million little pieces.  When I saw this graphic it touched me to my innermost soul for it defines a caregiver in so many ways.  All the things that are faint and hard to see are what we are really feeling and going through while on the outside we appear and say we are "fine".  

I think it is sad that we have been convinced by the devil that our feelings are wrong, not important, and something we should hide.  God gave us a community of believers for a reason.  He tells us that we are to admit to one another we have faults and then pray for one another.  What an amazing concept that our world and culture tells us is a sign of weakness.  Do you not see that the enemy has tricked us?  No wonder we feel so alone and misunderstood.  "

I want you to know today that I am not always "fine" and I feel all of the things in this graphic from time to time.  I am a child of God, a wife, a mother, a daughter, a sister, and a friend.  I am a professional, too, but that doesn't change the life I lead or the challenges I face.  When we begin to be real with one another and begin to pray for one another we can stop lying and telling others that we are FINE!

No comments:

Post a Comment