My Daly Outreach Ministries

My Daly Outreach Ministries

Thursday, October 9, 2014

I Meant What I Promised

  Now to the married I command, yet not I but the Lord: A wife is not to depart from her husband.

October 9, 1999 was one of the absolute best days of my entire 40 years of life.  I was blessed to marry my best friend and true love before all my family, friends, and most importantly, God.  The young woman in this photograph could never have imagined what the following 15 years of marriage would look like for her.  She couldn't know at the time that after only a few short years of marriage all the vows she promised on her wedding day would be put to the ultimate test.

I love this picture for it was taken on a day filled with love and hope for a future together.  We dreamed of a beautiful life and that is exactly what we received.  Some may stop me and say, "Jessica, your life has been hard and trying so how can you honestly say that?"  But to that I would reply that we have seen the master and creator of the universe save us, provide for us, protect us, defend us, and bless us in ways which can only be described as miraculous.  We have learned to love a God that is real and true to His Word.  Without the tragedies, challenges, and frustrations we have endured and come through, we would never have known an intimate relationship with Jesus Christ.

I look back today and realize how truly blessed I am to have my husband, Brian, in my life.  I love him more today than I did in that picture for now our love has been put in the fire and tested.  I meant what I promised Brian.  I don't know what the next 15 years will look like but I'm so thankful I serve a God who does.    

No comments:

Post a Comment