My Daly Outreach Ministries

My Daly Outreach Ministries

Saturday, November 30, 2013

Caregiver Christmas Challenge


Philippians 2:4 “Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others.”

With the beauty and celebratory time of Christmas right around the corner, I come to you this month with a plea or what I call my “Christmas Challenge.”  As we focus on finding the perfect gifts, baking our treats, singing our favorite carols, and spending time with friends and family, there is one small thing I would like you to do for me this year.  Philippians 2:4 says, “Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others.”  I would like you to give some serious thought about the interests of at least one caregiver you know.

It could be the parent you see each day at your child’s school who cares for a child with a special need physically, mentally, or socially.  It could be the woman in your church who takes care of her spouse who may live at home but couldn’t make it without her full time assistance.  Or maybe it’s the man you know who visits the nursing home daily to check on his dad to make sure he is safe and eating each day. Still yet a professional caregiver that works in a doctor’s office, a hospital, or in a rehab facility.  The examples could go on and on, but hopefully by now you have a person in mind. 

I am asking you to take the time to do something special for this individual in the month of December.  Maybe you could go and sit in their place so they could have an hour to themselves?  Maybe you could take dinner to their house one night that they don’t have time to cook for their own family?  Maybe you could mail them a card of encouragement filled with scriptures?  Maybe you could take them for coffee and ONLY listen to them talk?  Maybe you could find out what they really enjoy and make or purchase them a special gift?  Maybe you could call them and remind them that you see what they are doing for another and that you are praying for them? 


Caregivers give and give until many times there is nothing left.  It just dawned on me that maybe if I reminded all of you how much caregivers need encouragement and love maybe this Christmas you could personally share the love of Christ with a caregiver who desperately needs to experience it.  I would love to know what you did if you wouldn’t mind emailing me and sharing.  I promise this small act of love will not go unnoticed.  You will be amazed at what it will do for not only the caregiver but for your heart, too!  I thank you in advance and pray that your Christmas will be the best you’ve ever experienced!  

No comments:

Post a Comment