My Daly Outreach Ministries

My Daly Outreach Ministries

Saturday, November 23, 2013

Reliving the Past

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come. 1 Corinthians 5:17

Yesterday, our family took somewhat of a pilgrimage.  We went to visit with friends who daughter is a patient at UNC's Children's Hospital in Chapel Hill, NC.  We were very excited about seeing them because we have not since September and so I really hadn't thought about what type of effect going to this particular hospital would have on me.  

As I drove into the parking lot, I became flooded with memories that were not pleasant or warm.  Then as I walked into the lobby I felt a sense of anxiety for everything looked, smelled, and remained exactly how it was only 4 years ago when my Taylor was a patient.  

The elevator served as a time machine that seemed to be taking me back to those very moments when we spent a week of our lives here watching God perform a miracle in our daughter's body.  As we walked onto the floor and into the room it was all so familiar.  Taylor turned to me and quickly said, "Look, Mommy, she has butterflies on her ceiling just like I did." I was able to keep it together but almost lost it.  I was amazed that she remembered things like that from so long ago.  

We had a wonderful visit with our friends and God gave Brian and I both His strength and power to focus on encouraging others instead of focusing on our past and painful memories.  I know God can do the same thing for you.  God wants us to use what He has brought us through in order to encourage others who are experiencing very similar things!  Don't be afraid.  He will do it and the results are fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment