My Daly Outreach Ministries

My Daly Outreach Ministries

Friday, November 21, 2014

She Must Be Crazy

 "As she kept on praying to the Lord, Eli observed her mouth.  Hannah was praying in her heart, and her lips were moving but her voice was not heard. Eli thought she was drunk." 1 Samuel 1:12,13

Many times I believe those around me may look at me and think, "Jessica is kind of strange," or either, "Jessica, is a little overboard."  But you see, I don't mind for it just means that I am passionate and actually believe that my God can do the impossible.  The longer I serve God the more I witness, experience the blessings, and physically feel His presence.  Just this week alone I have witnessed Him working and doing amazing things in not only my own life but those around me.  

I was reminded today of Hannah and her story from the Bible.  She longed with all her heart to have a child even though she knew it seemed impossible.  She believed in God and knew that He alone could give her a child if He so desired.  We see her in the book of 1 Samuel going to the temple with absolutely no shame by not only praising the Lord but also petitioning Him to grant her a child.  She cried out to God with no shame or worry of what others may think. We even read that when she did so the priest, Eli, actually rebuked her for he assumed she was drunk, even though we know she was not.  

After Hannah has praised and petitioned the Lord I absolutely LOVE what she does next.  She goes home and goes to bed!  She actually rests in the fact that God is in control and the He will take care of her.  What a profound and convicting testimony for all of us.  I learn from Hannah that I should praise without fear, petition with confidence, and then REST in knowing the God always has my best interest in mind. God never fails!

No comments:

Post a Comment