My Daly Outreach Ministries

My Daly Outreach Ministries

Monday, September 1, 2014

What If I'm Angry?

Ephesians 4:26The Message (MSG)

26-27 Go ahead and be angry. You do well to be angry—but don’t use your anger as fuel for revenge. And don’t stay angry. Don’t go to bed angry. Don’t give the Devil that kind of foothold in your life.
This past weekend my husband and I had the privilege of speaking to a group about staying faithful to God and to one another in the midst of trials and adversity.  At the close of our time with them we opened the floor for questions from the congregation.  I have to say all the questions were good  but one really pierced my heart.
"How do you deal with the anger?"  I could tell from her eyes she knew much of what we were talking about that night due to her sincerity and need for an answer.  I smiled and said, "I get angry a lot.  I used to get angry because Brian was sick and I may loose him.  I also got angry because others didn't have a clue as to what I was facing or feeling.  I also got angry at my husband, too."  I went on to tell her that it was natural and okay and that she needed to vent to a trusted friend and especially to God.
Well, that's when it happened.  With tear filled eyes she said, "But what if the one I am angry with is God?  Then Brian spoke up and said, "Then tell Him and vent to Him.  He already knows what you're feeling and that you are upset with Him."  She smiled and then Brian said, "We get angry with the people we love.  If you are upset with your earthy father you would tell him so why wouldn't you tell your heavenly Father?"  
Once you express your feelings you can then walk past the anger and look to God for support, protection, provision, and comfort. I love it when God's people can be real with one another but especially with Him.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you all have a very good meeting keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete