My Daly Outreach Ministries

My Daly Outreach Ministries

Sunday, September 14, 2014

Is It Too Late?

 "But you men of Judah, keep up the good work and don’t get discouraged, for you will be rewarded.” 2 Chronicles 15:7

Just this past week I began to wonder why I was doing what I was doing when I had such grand dreams I longed to accomplish just waiting for me.  I began to long for more but at the same time I began to look at where I presently was in a negative light.  I started to see all I had not yet accomplished instead of all that I had done with the Lord or what He was doing presently.  That's what the enemy does. His goal is to take our eyes off of Jesus and His blessings so that our focus can become misdirected.  

I began to think about my age, which is 40, and wondered if I still had enough time to do all the things I had planned.  My sweet husband reminded me that I wasn't "that old" and that I had plenty of time to do all the things I had dreamt of.  I felt a little better but still couldn't shake the worry and doubt.  

Then this afternoon I told my daughter I would read with her while she read. She had gotten me a book entitled Walt before Mickey by Timothy S. Susanin for she knows of my love for all things Disney, especially Walt himself.  As I read the biography, I saw when he first arrived in Hollywood, he felt he was too old at the age of 26 to make it as a cartoonist in the business of animation. It definitely made me realize that we all feel that way sometimes but God doesn't see our lives the way we do.

Don't give up on your dreams because God says you will be rewarded for your good works!  I'm going to continue dreaming and keep believing that one day I will see the desires of my heart become realities right before my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment