My Daly Outreach Ministries

My Daly Outreach Ministries

Monday, September 8, 2014

Morning Off... Really?


"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28

Caregivers long for just a few short moments, minutes, or to even dare a few hours of rest from the constant demands of their every day lives.  Just when they believe they will have a time of rest, that is sometimes the very moment things fall apart and that possible respite is taken away.

Each Monday my schedule calls for me to work from 1:30 pm until 10:00 pm.  I don't particularly enjoy this but I love my job so I do it with grace.  Due to this schedule it would seem that I would have Monday mornings to rest, enjoy my coffee, and have some "ME" time.  Really?  Are you serious? 

No, there is always something that seems to happen on Monday mornings.  There is an issue with my daughter, my husband, or sometimes even the dog.  It never fails that I am up and going at the very same time I would have started had I arrived at work at 8:00.  So, I pray for the extra coffee to do it's magic and for God to give me supernatural energy that can only come from Him so that I am able to make it through the day and night.  

Caregiver, don't loose hope.  There are some days I still find a quiet moment for myself.  It is actually possible.  God is our source of rest.  We must stay in Him for relief and rest.

1 comment:

  1. We have to get that quiet alone time, whenever and where ever it's available. I'm currently getting some at 3:15am. :)

    ReplyDelete