My Daly Outreach Ministries

My Daly Outreach Ministries

Friday, May 9, 2014

I'm Not Ready

How many times have we all prayed, "Father, I am ready for big things to do in Your kingdom.  Please create open doors for me today so that I might do mighty works in Your name!"?  I know I have.  I know that many times I have become very frustrated with God and His timing for my life.

I have felt that I am ready, learned, and equipped for anything He could ask me to do.  I have spent countless hours, days, and even months wondering when I would get my big break to do amazing things for God and for others in His name. 

Just recently, I have been reading a book entitled Experiencing God by Henry and Richard Blackaby.  This has been a work full of simple yet insightful things I need to hear from the Lord.  One thing that hit me personally was that God uses us in the way He sees fit and feels we are ready.  There have been times when if He had allowed me to do a certain thing I would not have been spiritually or emotionally ready for the challenge.  It also may have been a time when He needed to grow me in the area of trusting Him. 

Blackaby says, "Our own hearts can deceive us.  We can often have a higher estimate of our faithfulness and trust in God than we should.  God is never fooled.  He always matches His assignments with our character and faith in Him.  So trust Him.  Don't insist that God put you in a position you think you should have." 

Being obedient should be our main focus in all we do.  When we are in constant prayer, reading His Word, and spending time in His presence we will begin to see where and how God wants to use us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment