My Daly Outreach Ministries

My Daly Outreach Ministries

Sunday, August 11, 2013

You Reap What You Sow

Galations 6:7 
"For whatever a man sows, that and that only is what he will reap."

The longer I walk with Jesus the more I realize the power I hold in my words and my actions.  I also experience the repercussions from the words and actions of those around me.  What I am learning is that I have absolutely NO control over what others say or do, but I DO have control over how I react. I can respond with more hurt and more angry words or I can ignore it and continue to live for Christ.  The later choice is what I have chosen.  Ignoring hurts is one of the hardest things you will ever do, or at least it is for me, but God says to turn the other cheek and that is what I am striving to do.

The Bible clearly tells us that what we say and what they do to others comes back to us.  It says that whatever a man sows, or does, is what he/she will reap, or get in return.  So, it tells me that people who hurt others with their words and actions will only receive hurt in return.

My challenge for you is to pray for these people, as well as ourselves, and how we react to them.  What God has shown me is that I alone cannot do anything to change them or stop the hurt.  BUT... I serve a God that can do anything including change their hearts and lives. I, too, pray that God will convict me of what I say and do, too.  I, also, want to sow great things so that I can then reap good things in my life.  Prayer to God changes things and it can also change what is sown and reaped!

No comments:

Post a Comment