My Daly Outreach Ministries

My Daly Outreach Ministries

Monday, August 19, 2013

Taking Care of Me

The woman fled into the wilderness to a place prepared for her by God, where she might betakecare of for 1,260 days.

This scripture tells us that a woman fled to a place that was prepared for her by God, himself, where she would be taken care of for over a thousand days.  That sounds pretty good to me!  As a caregiver, I find myself taking care of others all the time and neglecting myself.  I forget to go to the doctor, the dentist, or even the hair dresser.  I just don't feel like I have the time to do things for myself because I put the needs of those I care for first.  

For many caregivers, it goes beyond just missing appointments.  Many caregivers develop health conditions of their own because of the stress they are under at all times.  Stress can cause many serious physical health concerns and caregivers must listen to their bodies.  

At the same time, feeling good about yourself is very important, too!  If you enjoy exercising then you need to make time to do so.  If you enjoy getting your nails or hair done, find time to make yourself an appointment every few weeks.  There is always something that makes us feel better about ourselves so find that thing and do it!  It's so important!

Last is your mental health.  You must find moments to get away from caregiving.  You have to find quiet times just for yourself.  I remember days when just a run to the grocery store by myself was precious!  It may be that you take a walk around your neighborhood with your favorite praise songs blasting?  Whatever your escape is, realize what it is and make it happen!

God longs for your to be taken care of and find moments of rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment