My Daly Outreach Ministries

My Daly Outreach Ministries

Thursday, July 25, 2013

What Did They Say?

And the people gave a shout, saying, It is the voice of a god
and not of a man.

Have you ever wondered why, as Christians, we care so much about what other people think of us? Well, I have been thinking about this topic for some time now and this morning God got me excited and I had to start writing what He was saying to my heart.  First, let me admit that I, too, was one of "those people." The one who wanted to please everyone and make everyone else happy except for myself.  What I found was that everyone else was very content except for me.  Seven years ago, when my life turned upside down through illness in my husband and then an accident for my daughter, I realized it wasn't about making other people comfortable or happy.  It was about doing what was right and best in the eyes of God for my family and even for myself.  I must admit that it was one of the hardest things I have ever tried but once it began it was life changing.  I began to see life through the eyes of God instead of those around me.  I began to experience HIS power and see HIS miracles happening in my life like never before.  With that said, I must warn you that there is a big cost when you stop worrying about what others think of you.  Are you ready?

People don't like it when you don't do what they say you should do or you don't live to make them happy.  I know this is shocking but it is true.  Those who love you will become hurt and angry with you for they don't understand this new person you have become that loves the Lord more than anything else.  Church on Sunday was fine but now all you talk about is God.  The next thing is that people begin to talk about you negatively.  Yes, Christian, God fearing people begin to say ugly things about what you are doing with your life.  They may not think what you are doing looks good or seems right in their eyes or even the eyes of the church.  In my experience I have found that this small handful of folks are either jealous or don't understand the favor of God.  It really is that simple.   Don't worry.  God will NEVER let you down or leave you helpless. Pray for others to see what God is doing in and through your life.  Don't focus on what they are doing or saying but keep your eyes on Him.  Let what others say about you become compliments which show you are living your life for Christ and not to please people.

No comments:

Post a Comment