My Daly Outreach Ministries

My Daly Outreach Ministries

Monday, July 15, 2013

I'm Really Not Okay

When I read this I knew I had to share it with all my fellow caregivers.  I totally relate to this sign and all that it embodies.  I used to say over and over that I was "okay" when inside I felt like I was dying.  I didn't want people to know how much I was hurting or how desperate my situation really was while at the same time I sometimes wanted to scream out "Don't you see me?  Why aren't you helping me?" It was then that I would realize no one is helping me because I keep telling them that I am okay!

Then there were special people who looked beyond my words and like this sign says "looked me in the eyes and hugged me tight" because they knew in their heart that there was no way on earth I could be okay.  These were the moments I was able to be broken and vulnerable and let out some of the pain.  I pray that each of you has at least one of these friends who knows you well enough to see beyond you telling them that you are okay because as a caregiver there are days when you just are not okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment