My Daly Outreach Ministries

My Daly Outreach Ministries

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Look At What She's Wearing!

As humans, we enjoy wearing pretty clothes.  A new outfit, whether you are male or female, just does something for you on the inside.  It gives you that little bit of added confidence.  Knowing that you look your best is a great feeling.  When you do, it shows in your face and even your body language.  When I read Proverbs 31:25 I took it to heart in a way I never had before.  These descriptive words are not articles of clothing yet the woman in the scripture is said to be "clothed in" each of the things listed.  I first thought well, these are things people cannot see.  They are on the inside of the woman, but after a few moments of thought I realized each of these things do show on the outside.  

We see a person's strength in their character and most importantly their attitude when they face adversity.  Dignity shows in a person through their morals and what they stand up for and what they let go of.  Knowing whether or not you can trust a person is part of that, too.  Then the end of the scripture says that "she laughs without fear of the future."  Well, let me be the first to say that this is a courageous woman for that isn't an easy task.  I mean, it isn't an easy task without the full armor of God and His power!  I want to be like this woman.  I want to act and look like her.  How about you?  Does this scripture resemble you?

No comments:

Post a Comment