My Daly Outreach Ministries

My Daly Outreach Ministries

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Just a Marshmallow


Psalm 37:4 “Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart.”

Have you ever given much thought to the fact that God hears every single word you utter and knows each of your thoughts?  I think we all know these two facts are true for it tells us so in God’s Word, but saying it and knowing it on a personal level are two very different things.  Recently, I was reminded just how much God cares about the simple pleasures we enjoy.  I witnessed, first-hand, how much God longs to make us happy and show His love toward us in very simple, yet amazing ways. 

On a recent vacation, my family walked into a candy store while visiting Disney World.  As we entered, we watched a man making candy apples.  Of course they had to have a Disney twist, so the candy maker used marshmallows as the ears so that the finished apples would appear to be in the shape of Mickey heads.  My daughter said as we walked past, “I would love to just have a marshmallow.” I didn’t give it much thought for I knew after all the times I had visited you could not purchase plain marshmallows.

We continued through the store, which was very long and winding.  When we reached the rear of the store a young lady, who worked in the store, approached my daughter.  We were celebrating my daughter’s birthday so she was wearing a special “birthday” button.  The young clerk wished her a happy birthday and asked my daughter to close her eyes while she grabbed a special surprise from behind the counter.  When my daughter opened her eyes she was handed a sticker and a marshmallow!  I almost passed out!  The marshmallow was unlike any one I had ever seen.  It had been dipped in white chocolate and then covered in beautiful pink and purple sprinkles.  Then it was wrapped individually in clear plastic and tied with a golden tie.  My eyes filled with tears for I knew who had sent the marshmallow.  The girl asked me if it was okay for her to have the marshmallow and I quickly said, “Yes!”  She was probably thinking she had upset me in a negative way due to my shock and reaction. I explained how she had just said as we entered the store how she would love to have a marshmallow.  There was no way this young lady had heard our conversation or could have known it was exactly what my daughter wanted. 

I hope you see what happened.  God heard a simple desire of my child’s heart and instead of giving her only what she asked for, He gave her MORE than she could have imagined she would have received.  That’s the awesome God we serve!  Our God is more than enough.  He is our absolute provider.  You see, I fool myself at times by thinking that I am my child’s provider and protector when He is those things for her.  I couldn’t have given her that desire that day but our living and loving God sure could! 

When you share the desires of your heart with God, He not only answers you but He always gives you more than you could ever imagine.  God will give you the desires of your heart and then He will add chocolate and your favorite colored sprinkles!  Never underestimate the power of our Mighty God and Savior.  He truly cares about each detail and moment of our lives.  I will never forget the moment when God handed my sweetheart a marshmallow and my love for Him grew even stronger. 

No comments:

Post a Comment