My Daly Outreach Ministries

My Daly Outreach Ministries

Saturday, April 20, 2013

Lies

"Though the arrogant have smeared me with lies, I keep your precepts with all my heart."
 Psalm 119:69
 
Recently I was told by someone that when someone lies about you it is important to "forgive and forget."  Well, I do believe that we are to forgive because the Bible tells us that we are to forgive as Christ forgave us, but I also believe that we are to remember in order to protect ourselves in the future.  We may also need to distance ourselves from certain individuals.  God gave us a memory in our brains for many reasons.  He wanted us to learn from our hurtful lessons and bad decisions.  We have to remember how we felt when someone said an untruth about us so that we will think before doing that to another.  In the past month I have seen an all out explosion of lies.  I have seen it with many of my students at school, I have experienced it from people I loved, and even from "church friends" who spoke quickly and did not check their facts.  Most of the people who have told falsehoods about me have all come and apologized and I have accepted.  I also now know to guard myself around these individuals.  That is not a bad thing for it will help to protect me from them in the future.  You know me, I went straight to the Bible and looked up "LIES" which I found tons of scripture about.  People have been hurt by lies since the Garden of Eden.  God does NOT like it when we lie about anything but especially our brothers and sisters in Christ.  I know this because I read it in His Word.  I encourage you to do the very same thing.  I know all of this has been a real learning experience and I am even more aware of my words and how they can break other people. 

No comments:

Post a Comment