My Daly Outreach Ministries

My Daly Outreach Ministries

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Generational Caregiving

I talked with a young woman today, only 29 years old, who has moved her husband and two small children into the home of her parents in order to help her father care for her mother who suffers from Alzheimer's disease.  When she shared this with me I immediately asked how old her mother was and she said only 64 years old.  I was shocked.  My parents are 66 and I would never even think of that happening to them at such an early age.  With tears in her eyes she thanked me for what I said while I was speaking and said that she was definitely going to visit our website and email me.  She is taking care of two families under one roof!  I just kept hugging her because in spite of all she faced she had a beautiful smile on her face.  God was shining through this young woman who is facing things some of us never think about at her young age.  She is sacrificing so much in order to care for not only her dad, too!  God has just placed multi-generational caregivers on my heart due to this amazing young woman of God.  My prayers are with her in such a big way.


mother but her dad too

No comments:

Post a Comment