My Daly Outreach Ministries

My Daly Outreach Ministries

Friday, October 16, 2015

In the Desert



[ Psalm 63 ] [ A psalm of David. When he was in the Desert of Judah. ] You, God, are my God, earnestly I seek you; I thirst for you, my whole being longs for you, in a dry and parched land where there is no water.
We all understand what this scripture meant to David for he was residing in both a spiritual and physical desert at the time this was penned.  The question I pose to you today is what does this verse speak to your life and your circumstances?  

Unfortunately, I will admit one of the only things I worry about in my life from time to time and experience anxiety from is that of my family's finances.  The enemy works to convince me that it is my obligation and responsibility to provide for my family and that I can never do enough for them in that area.  The truth is it God has not given this task to me for it belongs to Him alone.  Now, yes, I will work and do my part for God honors this but He continues to remind me that He is my family's provider.  So for me, the water within this scripture represents money.

Yes, I actually said the word that Christians don't like to address or confess.  Instead of looking for money in my dry parched bank account, I need to seek God first and keep my eyes on Him.  If and when I am wise enough to do that, He takes care of all our family's financial needs.  He has done it over and over in our family's past and will never leave us or forsake us in the days to come.  

So today I made the choice to focus on Jesus and all He has done, is doing, and will do in my life instead of what I don't have or worry that I won't be able to do.  If He calls me He will equip me.

1 comment:

  1. Love that Scripture and the words you've shared. A great reminder for us all.

    ReplyDelete