My Daly Outreach Ministries

My Daly Outreach Ministries

Thursday, October 1, 2015

Blessed Are You

 
Matthew 5:11  “Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me."
  
For years I would read this scripture and wondered if Jesus was confused or maybe fatigued from a journey when He made this statement.  Being blessed in my mind could never include insults, persecution, and lies against me.  The problem remained that I continued to miss the most critical portion of the verse which was "because of me."  

I now understand that if another casts an insult or lie against me because I serve and love Jesus Christ, it really is a blessing.  No, not in the way the world defines a blessing but most definitely the way in which heaven sees it.  Remember, when we are obedient to the commands and direction of the Lord, the devil will act quickly in order to derail us and his most used weapons are insults, persecution, and lies.  The Word of God tell us that he is the father of lies.  

What a shock it would be to the next person who insults, persecutes, or lies about you when you confront them by thanking them for the blessing!  What a great way to steal their power to hurt you.  You can do it with the strength of the Lord if only you ask for it.  Jesus is our greatest defender and always will be.  Leave it to Him and forgive.

No comments:

Post a Comment