My Daly Outreach Ministries

My Daly Outreach Ministries

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

My Opposition

 

 

Job 23:6(NIV)

  Would he vigorously oppose me?
    No, he would not press charges against me.
Let's be completely real with one another.  Okay?  There are days we all face where it seems as if everything in the world is working against us.  There are days when I actually cry out to the Lord asking if He is still there and if He is why He isn't doing something to help me.  (Remember, I said I was going to be honest and that's not always pretty.)

But that's really never the case when it comes to the Lord.  I always go back to Job because his story is one we all should read repeatedly.  Job actually DID have it all.  God loved him and blessed him but then along came the devil.  Doesn't this sound very familiar even in our own lives?  Well, if not for you, it definitely does for me.  

I think back to the days before my husband was diagnosed with a life threatening heart disease and given 6 months to live.  I was a 32 year old wife to the love of my life, living in my dream neighborhood, being a mommy to my beautiful 3 year old daughter. And on top of all that, I was an elementary school teacher, which had been my dream since childhood.  Life was good.  New cars filled the garage, new furniture stood throughout my home, and I wore the latest fashions. Hence, my pre-Job days.

In less than a year the lifestyle I had known changed for without my husband's generous salary and benefits we could not longer afford to live this life style on a teacher's salary.  I must admit I get down sometimes, even now, wondering when all that was lost will be regained as it was for Job but I also know God has never left us or forgotten us.  He continues to provide for our family on a daily basis and I also believe has much we cannot imagine. In fact He reminds me daily through Jeremiah 33:3.

You see, when we are faced with the question Job had of whether God is opposing us, we must stop and remember He would NEVER "press charges against" us but instead paid our ransom by sacrificing His only precious Son, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment