My Daly Outreach Ministries

My Daly Outreach Ministries

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

I Will Help You

For I am the Lord your God
    who takes hold of your right hand
and says to you, Do not fear;
    I will help you.
Isaiah 41:13

Today marks the 9th anniversary of my husband's diagnosis with congestive cardiomyopathy, or unexplained heart failure.  It is difficult to believe it has actually been that long when I can recount each moment of that night in my head like it were yesterday.  What's funny is that after all this time when I meditate on the events that took place I can still remember the fear I felt that night and the way that Brian looked at me when he thought he was dying.  To be honest it is all pretty surreal and I lived it.  But you see, that's how God works.  He carries us through things that we cannot do on our own.  

Soon after the realization of Brian's situation 9 years ago, God sent our family Isaiah 41:13.  To most the message is simple but to us the message is true and filled with power and an ever present comfort.  To imagine the past nine year's journey without God holding my hand, whispering for me not to fear or Him helping me daily in countless ways is horrifying.  I can tell you today that this scripture is real and God means every single word of it.  How do I know this?  I have lived it for the past 9 years of my life.  I still remember sitting in waiting rooms and in the middle of the night watching Brian sleep and squeezing my hand until it hurt for I was holding His hand as tightly as I possibly could. 

Today I celebrate this momentous day for several reasons.  First, because I have seen through my husband that God continues to be in the miracle business.  Second, because I have a husband and my daughter has a father when doctors told us otherwise.  And third, because God has done some amazing things through our pain for not only our family but for others all around the world.  God really has used what the enemy meant for harm and turned it for our good and His glory.  Today I praise the Lord even more than I normally do for it is a reminder of His great love and power in my life and in yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment