My Daly Outreach Ministries

My Daly Outreach Ministries

Saturday, May 16, 2015

God Granted His Request


Jabez was more honorable than his brothers. His mother had named him Jabez, saying, "I gave birth to him in pain." Jabez cried out to the God of Israel, "Oh, that You would bless me and enlarge my territory! Let Your hand be with me, and keep me from harm so that I will be free from pain." And God granted his request.
1 Chronicles 4:9–10, NIV

Do you realize that you are no different than Jabez?  I have to remind myself every day that I am loved no less than any of those mentioned within the Bible.  I also relate to those within the Word of God like the man, Jabez.  

There are days when I feel God may have put me on the back burner.  I never believe He has forgotten me or forsaken me, yet when long periods of waiting occur or suffering enters my life I have to be honest and admit that doubts enter in.  This is how I relate to Jabez.  His very name gave him a beginning of being associated with pain.  Even though much was "against" Jabez, he was still very aware of who his God was and the power of calling upon Him for help and blessing.

When I read these scriptures it is evident to me that Jabez had no doubt but instead came before the Lord with confidence.  He asks for very specific things.  He asks for blessings upon himself and for God to enlarge his territory.  Some believe that is selfish, but not me.  God tells us all throughout the Bible that He loves us as His children and desires to bless us.  

Jabez continues in his prayer by asking God to keep His hand upon him for protection from the enemy as well as keep him from harm and even pain. Again, some like to criticize Jabez by saying his prayers were selfish but I must defend him by saying, no, he isn't.  Do you know how I know he wasn't being selfish or self-centered in God's eyes?  "And God granted his request" is all I need to know!  

I know God will grant my requests as well so I continue to pray with confidence and I pray you will decide to join me.

No comments:

Post a Comment