My Daly Outreach Ministries

My Daly Outreach Ministries

Thursday, April 30, 2015

Been With Him



Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were uneducated and untrained men, they marveled. And they realized that they had been with Jesus. Acts 4:13

Could you put your name in place of Peter and John's in this scripture?  Has anyone ever made the comment that there was just something different about you?  Have you had anyone ask how you got to where you are?  Do people notice a difference in how you face trials and problems? Are you afraid to speak God's truth or even stop right where you are and pray with someone?

Years ago I would have answered no to most all of these questions but then I realized the least I could do for the One who gave His life for me was to show I was changed and different due to His love and forgiveness.  If being a Christ follower didn't look any different than anyone else I met what good was it for me to be one?  Don't get me wrong.  It is hard but boy it is worth it!  All I have accomplished is all because of the fact I spend my time with Jesus.  He is my protector and my provider.  It really is that simple.

I love how those around Peter and John knew these men were uneducated and untrained in the faith yet they "marveled" at them.  It was very evident these men had been with Jesus.  I love that statement for it gives me such hope and joy.  Just being with Jesus gives me strength and power that can only come from Him alone.  Being with Jesus gives me courage to face the enemy for he also knows I have been with Jesus.  Just speaking Jesus' name forces the enemy to flee from me.  Now, that's power!  Being with Jesus opens doors, opportunities and minds to what I have to offer and say.

Being a disciple of Jesus will never be a simple nor easy journey but the rewards are so mind-blowing and life-changing that its all worth it.  Jesus will never leave you nor forsake you.  He stands with you always. So, the next time someone mentions that there is just something unique or different about you, be quick to say, "It's because I've been with Jesus."

No comments:

Post a Comment