My Daly Outreach Ministries

My Daly Outreach Ministries

Saturday, February 28, 2015

Kick In the Teeth

You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives. Genesis 50:20

This past week I had a "kick in the teeth" experience.  I was treated with disrespect in ways I had never encountered before.  When I read this quote by Walt Disney, I could totally relate.  

In life we usually avoid negative or hurtful situations when in reality they may be the very things that God is using in order to push us closer to our dreams and His amazing plan for our lives.  The thought of a confrontation or being treated wrong makes us cringe, when all the while those awful things just may give us the push we need to step out of our comfort zone. 

For me the experience I had, if I were to share it with you, would upset you greatly, yet I am thankful that it happened. Some of my closest friends and family were lifting me in prayer this past week and I could sense the coverage of the Holy Spirit and was able to stand firm in HIM!  What a joy to know that those who love me are praying angels around me and the strength of Jesus to fill me.  I also know that my "kick in the teeth" was an answer to prayer.  It was a confirmation in every sense of the word. 

Today I encourage you that when those "kick in the teeth" experiences come your way, be thankful instead of bitter or angry.  Know that God is using it as an opportunity to communicate His plan for your life.  What a powerful thought that God loves us that much! 

No comments:

Post a Comment