My Daly Outreach Ministries

My Daly Outreach Ministries

Saturday, January 10, 2015

Reminder of Past Hurts

Colossians 1:13-14
"For He rescued us from the domain of darkness, and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins."

Just this past week I encountered a situation that the devil used to so carefully and manipulatively remind me of past hurts which occurred several years ago.  Due to the power of the enemy and my weakness I began to feel all the hurt from a situation I had not felt in years.  The frustration, pain, and betrayal of someone from my past flooded my memory like it had just happened.  

I had to stop and remember that God delivered me from that person and used the hurt they caused me professionally within my career to bless me later.  Had that individual not done those things I would not be a research librarian and professor at Liberty University today.  I also learned that I was a much stronger person than I had thought.  I believed that a job defined who I was when God defined who I was all the while.

I saw God not only protect me but provide for me when I needed it most.  I also saw how obedience to Him is always best.  Instead of taking revenge on that person God told me to walk away and allow Him to handle things, which I have learned He did in ways I could have never imagined.  

I also learned this week that when the enemy reminds me of the past I will rebuke him and then speak the name of Jesus for when that name is spoken he must flee.  I share to encourage your heart when regret and past hurts begin to creep in.  Don't allow them in.  Call on Jesus and be set free from the pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment