My Daly Outreach Ministries

My Daly Outreach Ministries

Sunday, January 4, 2015

Forget Criticism


Philippians 4:13

I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

I recently read a great book called Tribes by Seth Godwin, a man known to be the world's most popular business blogger and best-selling author.  In it he wrote a statement that I cannot get out of my head and knew that I must share with as many people as possible.  It is, “We choose not to be remarkable because we’re worried about criticism.” I don't know about you, but that cut me to the core and the reason is because for years that statement defined who I had become.  

I am very thankful to say that I am no longer that person.  Oh, yes, I cannot lie and say that as a human being I still don't worry what others will think of say about the decisions I make or the things I chose to do but I no longer allow the fear or the criticism to stop me.  Today I want you to give this some very serious thought.  What are some things you have inside of you that you would love to bring out?  What are some things that you would love to try?  Where are some places you would love to travel or people you would love to connect with?  

What are you waiting for?  God tells us all in the book of Philippians that we can do ALL THINGS through Christ who gives us the strength to make them happen.  What more do we need to know?  Begin to pray about the secret things in your heart you have always wanted to do but been afraid of trying because someone may think it would be silly, crazy, or "not how we do things".  If you do, let me know how it goes!  I believe 2015 is going to be a year of crazy wonderful things from the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment