My Daly Outreach Ministries

My Daly Outreach Ministries

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

On the Flip Side



Surely he will save you
    from the fowler’s snare
    and from the deadly pestilence.
He will cover you with his feathers,
    and under his wings you will find refuge;
    his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart. Psalm 91:3,4

God finds very unique ways of teaching us new life lessons each and every day.  His choices are not my choices and this was very true on the morning of March 31st.  I had been experiencing pain and extreme fatigue for several days when blood work showed a very high white blood count.  I was asked by my doctor to go to a local hospital radiology department to have an abdominal CT scan done in order to fine the cause of my pain and now infection.  

It was found that I had a severe case of appendicitis and was rushed to another hospital for an emergency appendectomy!  The entire experience was orchestrated by the Father for every thing and person fell perfectly into place.  

After surgery I soon realized that now I was the patient and no longer the caregiver.  I was uncomfortable on this side of the bed, so to speak.  I did not enjoy others having to wait on me and do things for me.  I did not like having to have help getting out of the bed and to the bathroom.  I did not like knowing that others were having to take care of my daughter instead of me.  I did not like giving up control and resting.  I found myself experiencing extreme frustration from time to time especially during the first days of being home and recovering.  

I know God is teaching me how to receive care.  He has also revealed several truths about how my husband, who I care for, has felt but I could not have understood until now.  I have embraced this time knowing it was from Him and also knowing it has only caused me to grow as His daughter and as a caregiver.

No comments:

Post a Comment