My Daly Outreach Ministries

My Daly Outreach Ministries

Friday, April 25, 2014

In Love with God

"He said to him, 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.  This is the greatest and most important commandment.'" Matthew 22:37-38

Do you realize that God loves you with a love that causes Him to actually pursue you?  He really does!  Loving God is never a one sided relationship.  He created us to love Him and be in relationship with Him.  I am reading a book called Experiencing God by Blackaby and it gives such amazing insight into this concept.  

Blackaby says, "As you accept His love and forgiveness, He wants you to know and worship Him."  All I have to compare it with is my human relationships which I know are different but also similar in many ways.  For instance when I began to fall in love with my husband while we were dating, I longed to be with him and spend time with him.  God desires that same feeling from us toward Himself, which is so awesome when you really think about it!

My challenge to you today is to spend some time with God just loving on Him.  Tell Him all the reasons you love Him and worship Him.  Thank Him for all the blessings in your life which have come from Him.  Then just sit with him a while just enjoying His presence.  



No comments:

Post a Comment