My Daly Outreach Ministries

My Daly Outreach Ministries

Sunday, March 23, 2014

God Cares Even When Your Pain Doesn't End


Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me.  But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” 2 Corinthians 12: 8,9

I was so blessed today to sit under the teaching of Pastor Falwell at the Thomas Road Baptist Church.  He spoke on several scriptures penned by the apostle Paul but these two and what he said about them hit me above all else he said. 

He explained that Paul begged God to remove the thorn from his side or in other words his problem, but God didn't.  Instead, God told him that His grace would be enough and that His power would show best while Paul was at his weakest!  Ugh!  Not exactly what Paul wanted to hear nor what we want to hear either. 

Over 7 years ago I prayed and like Paul begged God to heal Brian's heart but that is not what happened.  Brian is being healed day by day but continues to suffer with heart failure and its effects.  I continue to pray and trust knowing full well that what God said to Paul was true.  God's amazing grace and power have been more than enough for us and continues to sustain us even today!  

Don't you ever think that God doesn't love you or care when your pain doesn't end.  Just because God doesn't remove your thorn doesn't mean He has forgotten you.  Continue to praise Him and follow Him.  Listen to me, dear friend, for I speak from experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment