My Daly Outreach Ministries

My Daly Outreach Ministries

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Unconditional Love


This past week I lost my pet, Miss Nina.  She was a gentle, beautiful, loving boxer bulldog who loyally loved and served my family for almost 8 years.  We received Nina into our home months before she turned 4 and spoiled her until last day with us this past Thursday.  On September 26th, our family decided to release her from cancer and the pain she was enduring.  My husband and I took her to our vet's office where we were greeted with compassion and love.  I held my sweet baby girl as she peacefully and quietly took her last breath with us.  I actually felt her leave but it was a beautiful moment.  My tears were those of relief because her pain had finally ended.  The healing I had prayed for her so many times happened right before my eyes.

Her love for me was unconditional in the truest sense of the word.  For some reason Nina became my shadow.  Everywhere I went she was close behind.  If I got up, she got up.  If I left the room, she followed me.  When I came home from anywhere she acted as if it were the best thing in the world.  She made me feel special and loved no matter what else was going on in my world.  She was the best listener I've ever known, too.  Maybe it was because she couldn't talk!  At the same time, she could have walked away, but never did.

What I will miss most is Nina's love for me.  No one else loved me like Nina did except for my Lord.  I believe He loved me through my Nina.  Don't get me wrong.  My husband and daughter love me.  My parents and sister love me.  My family and friends love me, but this love was different.  It was UNCONDITIONAL.  Nina had no expectations of me.  Nina did not get mad at me. Nina didn't care what I said or did.  Nina didn't care what function I attended or what I did for a living.  Nina didn't care what I looked like or even if my hair looked good.  Nina didn't expect me to always make the right decision or be perfect.  Nina never hurt me or showed contempt against me.  Nina was never ugly to me.

Nina just loved me no matter what.  Even though my heart is broken and I miss her so much that tears are now a constant for me, I would do it all again to experience that kind of love.  God knew that I would need her over the past seven years of my life and He knew the kind of love I would need could only come from a beautiful boxer named Miss Nina Daly.

No comments:

Post a Comment