My Daly Outreach Ministries

My Daly Outreach Ministries

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Sea of Caregivers

When I see this crowd of people I see a sea of caregivers.  No matter where I go or what I am doing I come in contact with caregivers who are hurting, overwhelmed, or even hopeless.  God has given me a heart for these individuals and I immediately feel a connection to them.  Just the other evening, I was eating in a local restaurant with my husband and daughter.  While in the restaurant for only one hour, I came in contact with three different caregivers.  Each one's story was so very different but their burden and their struggles were oh so similar.  I listened to each one as they shared what they had been facing and how they were feeling.  I know from experience how precious that can be as a caregiver.  One was a young man whose fiance has been diagnosed with breast cancer.  The next was a couple who cares for their special needs son who recently had surgery.  The last was our precious waitress who not only moved to our town to take care of her grandmother that has passed away but also works full time while raising two young boys as a single mother.  Caregivers are real and they need the support and the love of the church.  My prayer is that those who lead our churches will see this need in each of our communities around the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment